Climate services is currently a rapidly growing area due to different initiatives and additional players in the European Framework. Therefore it is necessary that European NMHSs follow up on the associated innovations and developments and intensify their interaction between themselves as well as with European organisations and stakeholders.
To increase the visibility of EUMETNET as a common doorstep to the NHMSs
- To support closer cooperation of the EUMETNET Climate Community especially in regard to the European climate related organisations in order to enhance the double-sided benefit for all involved organisations.
"To enable capacity building across EUMETNET in the field of climate data"
The key priorities
- A close cooperation and exchange between the members
- The building and maintaining of communications structures with European climate oriented organisations for regular exchange
- An exchange with the scientific community in order to provide up-to-date products.
The Programme milestones
A few important milestones of this programme are:
- Regular meetings between the participating EUMETNET members
- The setting up of communication channels with European organisations
- Supporting climate related conferences
The current phase of the Programme started in January 2019 and will last until the end of 2023. The Activity is managed by a consortium of ZAMG (Austria, Coordinating Member, Barbara Chimani), DMHZ (Croatia, Melita Perčec Tadić) and OMSZ (Hungary, Monika Lakatos).